There is much to be said about the lifespan of handheld fire extinguishers. Many versions contradicting each other and the internet being cluttered & unable to confirm many variations without causing further confusion, cause the general public to turn a “blind eye”. Here is all you need to know about recording your extinguisher’s maintenance and having it replaced and/or pressure tested.
Is your fire extinguisher leaking, rusty or damaged? Have you discharged it recently and now you need a fire extinguisher recharged or replaced? Sometimes it really is more affordable to have a cylinder replaced than re-pressurized. We offer a wide variety of extinguishers & fire safety related services guaranteed to keep your equipment in good working order.
Fire Extinguisher Inspection
To maximise the lifespan of your current extinguisher you need to have it service by a professional every year following it’s manufacture date (normally printed on the cylinder) These services need to be recorded on the extinguisher by using the yellow tag provided. These record latest service date and latest hydro-static test date. Fireco provides annual fire extinguisher inspection services to many buildings throughout Northland New-Zealand (we do supply equipment countrywide) – talk to us for the best price & service delivery. Just call 0800 101 232
When to replace your fire extinguisher
You already know your fire extinguisher is one of the most important devices you can have in your home or building to keep it safe from fire. And while regular fire extinguisher inspection is critical to ensuring your extinguishers work properly, sometimes your best bet is full-on fire extinguisher replacement. If you need fire extinguisher replacement in your home, building, construction site, or vehicle call us on 0800 101 232 or visit fireco.co.nz for information.
When should you have a fire extinguisher replaced?
- When an inspection reveals, damage, rust, leaking or noticeable depressurization.
- After it has been used and re-pressurization is more costly than it’s replacement.
- When the service-record label has been filled. And the re-commissioning exceeds the cost of replacement.
When to call us for urgent equipment maintenance?
- When you have used the extinguisher.
- When you relocate the extinguisher.
- When you change, relocate your business.
- If there is no indication of the manufacturing date for the extinguisher.
- When there is no record of the 1st service of the fire extinguisher.
- If there is no record within the previous 12 months of the extinguishers’ service.
- If there is no Yellow tag for date recordings attached to the extinguisher.
- If the yellow tag reveals no service records for the previous 12 months.
- If there is no safety pin.
- If there is no seal keeping the safety-pin in place.
- If the pressure Gage is not in an acceptable (green) position, not touching the border lines.
- When you notice damage, rust, leaking of the extinguisher.
We recommend you have your extinguisher pressure tested at least every 5 years.
Also contact us for any Fire Security related products and service including Fire reports.